Tuesday 17 February 2009

Puppies Make Prizes !

Forget turning water into wine, that's old hat, look what this puppy turned into!

Well, more accurately look what Archie the 9 month old fox terrier's very generous owner Gordon gave us for looking after the wee scamp. Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle. A stunning champagne. Could babble on about toasted brioche and hazelnuts but wouldn't do it justice. One thing worth mentioning though is it's incredible refreshing quality, positively thirst quenching! I'm reminded of that famous quote from the grand dame of champagne, Madame Lily Bollinger:

"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Think I'd have liked Lily!
Gordon has a new restaurant on the south-side of Glasgow. The Merrylee Road Bar and Kitchen. Haven't been yet but it looks incredible value and the Daily Record's Tam Cowan likes it, and he used to do a lot of eating before becoming strangely thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment